Hi, nice to meet you. I'm Carlos.

I'm an integrated art director.

In 1994, I started to work as a copywriter at Contrapunto/BBDO. Between 1996 and 2002, I worked and grew at a few agencies in Madrid like BDDP/ManceboKaye, Y&R, M&C Saatchi and TBWA.

Also, I spent some time freelancing for clients such as Camper, Advico/Y&R Zurich, M&C Saatchi London and Universidad Complutense de Madrid.

In 2002, I met a Canadian woman, through work, of course. I ended up moving to Vancouver in 2003, where the transformation started. I studied art direction, typography, photography and graphic design at Emily Carr Institute for Art and Design, joined Rethink Advertising, and began saying "I had a glass of wader at the pardy." I learned some strange new concepts, like "long underwear", "take-out coffee" and "Canadian wine". Then, just when I thought I had things almost figured out, I had a daughter and we all moved back to Madrid.

I started a small creative shop there called Purr and won a nice little project for Toyota - which you can read all about down below. Eventually, change called again, and my company evolved into a tiny independent film production company.

In 2007, I moved back to Canada and since then, I've been bringing my unique experience and even uniquer (no, that's not a word, but it will do) way of thinking to agencies like Ogilvy Toronto, KBS+ and Bensimon Byrne.

I'm currently open to freelance work or joining a creative team on a full-time basis (647.521.4908).

By the way, I don't believe my transformation is complete, as I never expect to stop evolving. So if you're an agency that likes people who learn and grow, you can see I have a whole whack of experience.


Absolut Selection




Sticky notes are printed with the bottle and the words, "Absoult Selection" as is traditional in the print ads. The idea is that Absolut marks the most interesting, cool articles for you.